Good morning, peeps! And happiest Friday-eve! I don’t know about you, but this has pretty much been the longest week in the history of ever. Like, just one LAM (Long Ass Monday). The good news is that we have officially (almost) survived the first week of 2016.
Cheers and an epic fist bump for that, y’all.
Before we get too excited about the looming weekend, here are just some of the crazy thoughts that have been mulling around in that ol’ brain of mine.
It’s time for another edition of my Thoughts on a Thursday.
1. May I present to you the three steps of drinking my morning cup of coffee. Step one: Burn the roof of my mouth and/or tongue off getting a little too eager on that first sip of liquid-lava hotness. Step two: Soak in the caffeinated goodness at optimum drinking temperature. Step three: Realize that the window of opportunity for drinking said caffeinated goodness is very small and if taken for granted, can go from sheer perfection to cold af in three minutes flat.
2. Speaking of coffee…I harbor no ill will towards my baristas. I get mistaken for Ms. Klum all the time, guys. All. The. Time.
3. Some of you may know that I had a little interview yesterday and I am happy to report that I only nervous snort-laughed 2 times during the entire 45-minute
interrogation meeting. Okay, 3 times, 4 max. In all seriousness, I think it went really well. I’ve never felt more confident going into an interview before, partly because it’s something I am so very passionate about, and also because I felt like I really knew my shit. They should be making their final decisions by the end of next week (bring on the waiting game), but even if I don’t get it, I’ll know that I gave it everything that I had and brought some serious heat to the competition. That in of itself is something to be damn proud of. Thank you x1000 to everyone who wished me luck and kept me in their prayers. You don’t even know how much I love you for that! Like, so much!
4. So I just finished rerererererereading HP (No matter how many times I read it, The Deathly Hallows pt. deux still stirs up so many feels) and was looking for a Harry Potter-esque series to quench that hole in my heart that my girl J.K. Rowling has left. I picked up The Magicians by Lev Grossman and y’all, it’s sooooo good. Not quite HP good, but it’s up there. It’s basically Hogwarts, but the college version. I’m about half-way through and am already excited to dig into the second book of the series. Three giant thumbs up.
5. This speech by one of faves, Ellen at last night’s People’s Choice awards gives me serious heart-flutters. Incredibly inspiring, gracious, and hil-arious. “My wish, and we have a lot of people watching from many different countries, is that I want you to know that we all, deep down, really, really love one another. And we need to get back to that.”
6. I may be in the minority here, but I actually love those little candy conversation hearts. But they have to be the Brach’s brand, and they have to be the ones that come in the big bags. For whatever reason, the tiny boxed variety are break-your-teeth, rock-hard, nasty-chalky-candy-crap.
QOTD: Candy convo hearts: all the nums or nasty-chalky-candy crap?
How’s your first week of 2016 going so far?