1. So we’re in day 3 of the Polar Vortex. Here in Denver today when I woke up, the actual temperature was -13 and the wind chill was a balmy -26. Just a couple of things:
- Apparently toilet water can freeze. Crap. (Pun intended)
- You know it’s cold when the snow under your tires squeaks like fresh cheese curds.
- Mmmmm. Cheese curds.
2. Speaking of the Polar Vortex, my buddy Al Roker over at the Weather Channel is currently in his 12th hour of 36, vying for the record of longest weather report. I mean, don’t get me wrong. I love me some Roker, but setting a record for longest weather report? I think I’d be more excited if he was reporting the weather WHILE setting the record for the most fire batons juggled. Or for eating 30 hotdogs in under a minute. Just saying.
3. Am I the only one who turns into a complete hermit crab during the winter? Once I’m home, whether it’s from work or running errands during the day, and feel the warmth of my apartment, my sweatpants, blanket fort and a good book/Netflix beckon me to call it a day and stay in. And really, who am I to protest? The last thing I want to do is leave the cozy confines of hot chocolate and reruns of The Office to face the blistering cold outside. Wham, bam, no thank you ma’am. #hibernationstation
4. That moment when you have to sneeze but can’t, but then you think you’re about to finally sneeze and don’t, but instead make that “scrunched up, almost half-sneezed-but-not-quite-haha-sucker” face. During a work meeting. Yeah, that’s awesome.
5. I’m bringing the scrunchie back. I’ve just decided.
6. If anyone would like to bring me a grilled cheese and Oreo Concrete shake from Culver’s, say, two minutes ago, I will love you forever.
7. Kim K’s backside. Discuss.
Stay warm, guys!
But I’m serious about that grilled cheese.