1. I had a handful (Okay. Maybe two handfuls) of Skittles at 9 o’clock this morning.
FYI: These new Skittle riddles are the best thing that have ever happened to me. Okay, maybe not ever…but they are pretty fantabulous. It takes the stress off of sSkittles eating because of the fact that with the regular packs, I eat all of my favorite flavors at the beginning and by the end just have the purples and oranges. Now I get to try and guess what flavor I am eating and not eat the best flavors first! It’s a whole new world, my friends.
2. I would never hurt a fly. Spiders on the other hand are fair game. I’ve actually become really good at squashing the 8-legged, beedy-eyed little buggers (I’ve allocated one of my Dan Brown books to do the job for me, the Acme anvil to my Wiley Coyote). I am not so good at clearing the bug guts however. My apartment has a slight spider-esque wall paper esthetic to it. I’d like to think that I am just very new-age design savvy when really I am just plain lazy. And grossed out.
3. I cannot not sing when listening to a song, whether it be on the radio, my i-Pod, the television or the loudspeaker at Target. You can imagine the problems this gets me into (I would like to apologize right now to my co-workers who have to put up with my daily karaoke jam sessions).
4. I hate the taste of mint. Abhor it, in fact. I do however love me some Thin Mints which is why for some odd-ball yet totally genius reason, I always eat a palm-full of M&M’s right before I brush my teeth. Mint=gross. Chocolate + mint = oh my goodness delicious! I know I could buy toothpaste that wasn’t mint flavored, but then I wouldn’t have a “legitimate” excuse to scarf down the melt-in-your-mouth, not-in-your-hand candies before bed. Where’s the fun in that?
5. I have a strange fear of sneezing while driving. I once worked with someone whose husband crashed into a light pole (thankfully he was okay, only a minor fender-bender) because he closed his eyes sneezing behind the wheel. I always try to see how long I can keep my eyes open when making the big “Achoo!” which coincidentally, I also have a strange fear of doing. Thankfully the myth-busters set my mind at ease on this one.
6. When I leave work every night, I like to take the stairs. Not just because I got stuck in an elevator once, but also because the stairwell is like an echo chamber. When I’m all alone in that cave of a stairwell, I sometimes will let out the biggest burp you ever did hear. The way it ricochets and bounces off the walls…
Yes. I am a 10 year old boy trapped in a 27 year old woman’s body.
7. Am I the only person who thinks that sometimes, the days seem to drag onnnnnnn foeverrrrrr but the weeks go by super duper fast?
8. I’ve been counting down this work day that is seeming to drag onnnnnn foreverrrrr because it’s Taco Tuesday! The prospect of eating delicious tacos once quitting times rolls around can make any bad day a little better.
Question of the day: What are your confessions?