Lately I’ve been learning that try as you may, life will always hold more questions than answers. I feel like everyday, whether we acknowledge it or not, all of us feel a quiet uncertainty rumbling inside of ourselves. Who am I? Why am I here? Am I a good person? Who ate the last of my Pringles? Frustrating as that is I really think it’s better that way.
Life is not meant to be answered in one fell swoop, and thank goodness too. I don’t know about you, but I get bored extremely easily. One project finished, and immediately I’m onto the next one. That’s just the way I work. But much to my dismay life won’t seem to let me take any shortcuts. In life there seems to be only one answer to all of my questions — patience.
Darn it all to Reese’s Pieces.
Patience isn’t really what anyone wants to hear. But luckily the big man upstairs is smarter than us, and patience is the only way to find any answers worth having.
For posterity’s sake here are a few questions I still have a 27:
1. What is it like to be in love? Am I’m not just talking about the new Pumpkin Spice Oreos that just hit shelves.
2. Will I ever be able to do the one thing career-wise that makes my heart smile? (I’m still, STILL waiting to hear back from the school about that library position I interviewed for. Gjnflerkjewmfsmf!! Patience, Wendi. Patience.)
3. What in tarnation is a 401k?
4. Does Beyoncé wake up every morning and think “Damn, I’m Beyoncé… sweet!”
5. When will I live in a house that has a laundry machine, dishwasher, and central air again? And why did I not value this more in my youth?
6. Will humans ever go to space?
7. Are we born as ourselves, and then spend our lives trying to figure out who we “really are?” Or do we gain taste as we grow up and become who we want to be?
8. Am I going to be single forever?
9. Are the Brewers EVER going to go to the World Series [in my lifetime]?! *crosses fingers*
Faith is believing that the answers to these, and other questions that you might have, will be answered one day. And not only just answered, but that they will be done so in a way that exceeds any and all expectations.
Just like those Pumpkin Spice Oreos.