I don’t know about you but I am one happy gal that it’s Friday!
I also don’t know about you, but I am one happy gal that we are officially in the last few days of the Christmas countdown (five to be exact).
But more importantly, we are only three days away from my second favorite holiday of all time…Festivus.
What is Festivus, you may ask and wonder?
Well my dear friends, Festivus is a glorious holiday where we come together, gather around our Festivus poles, eat meatloaf, test our feats of strength by trying to pin our loved ones to the ground, and air our grievances. It’s truly magical.
In honor of Festivus, I thought it was right to air just some of the grievances I’ve experienced this past year (or in general). Remember, the magic of this holiday is sharing the things we found annoying, silly, or that made us wrinkle our brows and say to ourselves, “Really? Seriously?”
- Coming up to a newly turned green light only to have the next light 20 feet in front of you turn red. Really? Seriously?
- When your roommates (cough* sister *cough) decide to put the milk jug back into the fridge when there is only a dribble left. Really? Seriously?
- Bad hair days. Really? Seriously?
- That nasty filmy coating that appears on the top of your Jello pudding when you leave it out too long. Really? Serisouly?
- Rude people. Really? Seriously?
- People who carry full-on conversations in the public restroom. I mean, you really think the person on the other line will hear you flush and think, “Wow, I must be really important if they could talk to me while they carried on their, ah, other business.” And not to mention the other people in the restroom. Like I really needed to know that Mary’s sister’s aunt’s brother recently had hair plugs put in and they look “absolutely fabulous!” Really? Seriously?
- Bugs. Just all of the bugs. Really? Seriously?
- Sneezing so hard, you get whiplash. Actually, having to sneeze so hard you get whiplash but not being able to sneeze. That is THE worst. Really? Seriously?
- People who do this. Nope. Just nope. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all about Christmas cheer. But having a bunch of horny cars riding around can’t be safe. Or good for your health. Really? Seriously?