1. I HATE that I still sleep with my childhood ‘blankie’. Every night. Linus isn’t the only one who finds comfort in a holey, worn-out, soft and fluffy 24 year old piece of fabric.
2. I HATE that I always keep a bag of Peanut M&M’s on my bedside table, just in case the midnight munchies decide to sneak-attack me and I need a quick chocolate fix. I HATE that sometimes, I wake up looking like Picasso went crazy with a paint brush on my leg, a byproduct of accidentally dropping a chocolately candy piece or two in bed, shmooshed and melted goodness. I HATE that I find said shmooshed and melted Peanut M&M in the morning. And eat it.
3. I HATE that I keep…a spoon in my purse? You never know when you run into an IICS: an irrisistable ice cream situation.
4. I HATE that my wardrobe basically consists of Brewer apparel, sweatshirts, t-shirts, and tennis shoes.
5. I HATE that the one and only Kozmo Kramer is one of my heros. I HATE that he is the last person I see before I go to bed and the first person a see when I hit the snooze button, I mean wake up, in the morning (his beautiful mug is hung on my bedroom wall.)
6. I HATE that I wore mismatched socks all day today. And yesterday. Just because I was too lazy to find the correct pairings. I HATE that I just realized that most of my socks are holey. Great for going to church in though. I HATE that that was probably the corniest joke of all time 😉
7. I HATE that one of my favorite things in the whole wide world to eat is this. I HATE that waiters/waitresses don’t bat an eyelash when I order this off of the coloring book page of a kids’ menu (aren’t those the best though?! What a way to pass the time before your food arrives!) because they think I am still 12.
8. I HATE that I can’t help but get a little faklempt EVERY TIME I watch this. Okay, a lot faklempt. I’m talking grab-the-tissues, snot-blowing, ugly-crying faklmept. It’s not pretty.
9. I HATE that I cannot, for the life of me, do a cartwheel.
10. I HATE that I love all of these things about me. I am NOT perfect. Not by a long shot. But you know what, that is quite all right. For it is in these imperfections that you find character, uniqueness, and personality. It is in these imperfections that you find you. So go ahead. Be silly. Be goofy. Laugh at yourself. Laugh at yourself for laughing at yourself. I promise it will be something you love to hate to do!
Question of the Day: What are some of the things you love to hate about yourself?