Important thing’s I’ve learned during the past week…
1. If you fall off, if you get a skinned knee, goodness, even if you embarrass yourself whole-heartedly in the process, it is so very important to get back up on that bike and ride. Do not let the fear of whatever may have happened paralize you. Rise up, conquor your insecurities and become stronger and more confident. After loosing my job, I had just a slight moment of self-doubt, throwing myself a minature pitty party in the process. However, after a little time and reflection, I knew that I couldn’t let what had happened get me down. I had fallen off the ‘bike’ and was admitedly a little bloodied and bruised, but I knew the only way I was going to get anywhere was if I slapped a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle band-aid on that sucker, learned from the experience, focused on the future and went after it. I’m not going to lie, the ride has been kind of shaky and my gears get stuck every once in a while but I’m back riding, and I am going places!
2. I have quite possibly the best friends and family in the world. In the universe, in fact. I don’t know what I would do without all of their support and love and guidance and am eternally grateful and appreciative. I want to give a special shout out and thanks to one miss Jenna Feldman, Chris Becker, Doreen Fandrey, Brian and Kathy Lueck and my parents and my amazing sister for being there when I was a real hot mess, for giving me that extra push and making me feel 1000 times better. I owe you (I can make a mean chocolate-chip cookie FYI).
3. A little of this…
…and a lot of this can cure anything 🙂
4. It is good to be a Brewer’s fan!
5. Joan Rivers and the rest of the fashion police would have a field day on this one…Yikes-a-bee!
6. I can (and will) get through anything.
“In the Book of Life, The answers aren’t in the back.”- Charlie Brown
But I guess the great thing about life is that we get to do our own research and find our own answers.
Have a great rest of your Monday guys and remember to ride.