1. When putting on my spring jacket to head off to work this morning (YES! I think I can finally trade in my Eskimo parka for the season…at least I am hoping so. You never can fully put away the winter apparel in Wisconsin because as soon as you do, you’re hit with frigid temps and a yard full of the fluffy white stuff), I noticed an ice cream stain on the front pocket from when my mom and I went to Kopps the last time she came to visit. I have to admit, I got a little homesick. And hungry for some Kopps custard. And a little disgusted because the ice cream stain was all crusty and gross.
2. I opened a new bottle of toothpaste today and it made me very happy.
3. Over the past week, I have smooshed over 9, count ’em, 9 spiders in my apartment. Tis not a lie, I would never hurt a fly, but spiders are a whole other bag of beans. YICK!
4. Cleaning out one of my kitchen drawers last night I found 3 rock hard gummy bears, a couple of plastic drink umbrellas, a coupon for Pringles that expired January 31 and some nails. Clearly I don’t go open that drawer very much.
5. Doug is the best. Cartoon. Ever. No, seriously. It is. I mean you’ve got your Doug, your Skeeter, your Patty Mayonnaise and of course you can’t forget everyone’s favorite dog…Pork Chop! How could you go wrong with a line-up like that? I recently discovered that it’s back on TV on an amazing channel dedicated solely to classic 90’s Nickelodeon shows, you know, back when Nick actually had awesomely awesome shows –think Clarissa Explains it All, Salute Your Shorts, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Alex Mac, and All That, to name just a few.
6. To the man who insists on sitting next to me EVERYDAY on the bus ride home: I am sure you are a very nice person and I don’t want to be mean, but you smell like cigarettes and feet. Either take a shower or plop yourself on another bench. Please and thank you.
7. It’s Friday which means I have a much-needed, and terribly over-due hot date with my TiVo, a comfy couch and a lot of junk food.
Have a great weekend guys!